Thursday, May 03, 2012

While not really a travel blog, I like to think I will continue to post travel stories here along with my published essays and short stories. The road is calling this month as I will head to New York on Mother's Day weekend with my daughter continuing the weekend trips tradition I started with my mom about 2000. We visited Put-in Bay, Emerald Isle, Marietta, Cincinnati and a couple trips to Lake Hope before Mom was too ill to travel. Carey and I will continue the tradition by spending a couple nights in Manhattan. She wants to see Strawberry Fields. I want to see the Greenmarket Farmers Market. We both can't wait to see the Museum of Natural History. More fun and more travel stories. Then later this month, we will join our Southern Family for another long weekend. This time at my favorite beach -- Topsail Island. The beach background in this blog is Topsail. Travel. I love you.

No comments: